Turing+ 6.0 (July 2018) for Unix systems
Copyright 1986, University of Toronto
Copyright 2018, Queen's University at Kingston
This is the source and precompiled binary distribution archive of Turing+ 6.0 for Unix systems.
Turing+ 6.0 has a number if differences from original Turing+:
- Alias checking is disabled - aliasing is silently allowed.
- Import checking is disabled - import lists are allowed, but not required.
- Bugs in the external naming of modules and monitors have been fixed, allowing for multiple modules of the same name in different contexts.
This provides a method for using modules as "classes" with multiple "object" instances.
- The default and maximum length of varying-length strings has been increased from 255 to 4095 characters.
- The source has been updated to be both 32-bit and 64-bit clean, and 64-bit binary versions have been added to the distribution.