Turing+ 6.1 (June 2020) for Unix systems
Copyright 1986, University of Toronto
Copyright 2020, Queen's University at Kingston
This is the source and precompiled binary distribution archive of Turing+ 6.1 for Unix systems.
- tplus61src.tar.gz - Full source / build archive for both 32- and 64-bit systems (requires installed binary distribution)
- Turing Plus Demos - A set of simple Turing+ demonstration programs, including character graphics arcade games and concurrent processes
Turing+ 6.1 has a number if differences from original Turing+:
- Alias checking is disabled - aliasing is silently allowed.
- Import checking for procedures and functions is disabled - import lists are allowed, but not required.
- Simplified syntax and short forms for many features, e.g., optional parentheses on import and export lists, "proc" and "fcn" for procedure and function, * for pervasive, combined assignment operators +=, -=, *=, /=, and many other short forms borrowed from OOT.
- Bugs in the external naming of modules and monitors have been fixed, allowing for multiple modules of the same name in different contexts.
This provides a method for using modules as "classes" with multiple "object" instances.
- The default and maximum length of varying-length strings has been increased from 255 to 4095 characters.
- The source has been updated to be both 32-bit and 64-bit clean.