- Address specific data analytic problems and predictive analytics in a variety of data domains.
- Develop/Implement machine learning models to develop autonomous systems, decision support tools and big data management solutions.
- Apply cognitive computing techniques and concepts to develop computational tools and software for advancing/assisting human cognitive capabilities in education, computer games or general perception.
- Develop and maintain tools which handle data from many different domains, support a number of multi-tenant big data stores, and provide an analytic workflow management system.
Open Positions: (local students preferred)
- PhD position in large graph data management and analytics
- MSc in autonomous vehicular data analytics
We look for individuals with the following qualities/skills:
To apply for an open position, send an email with the following.
- Goal oriented
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Good organizational and leadership capabilities
You will be contacted if selected for an interview.
- a cover letter stating the position you are applying for
- your competitive qualifications and eligibility to join the group
- resume and
- a sample of written work (undergrad thesis/report/publication).
Current Research Projects:
- Hierarchical Knowledge Management System
- Streaming data processing systems and developing adapters for streaming data processing engines
- Multisensory advanced machine cognition using video, image, text, IoT, and signal data
- Unsupervised, supervised and semi-supervised machine learning techniques
- Decision Support Systems
- Chatbots with deep learning for question answering and visual recognition
- V2V (Vehicle-to-Vehicle) and V2I (Vehicle-to-Infrastructure) communication for autonmous vehicles
- Lane and vehicle detection using computer vision techniques
- Driving style categorization
- Human Activity Detection using skeletal video and wearable sensor data
- Medical Decision Support Systems for disease dignosis and hospital surge prediction
- Kings Distributed Systems
- Aideal Inc.
- Gnowit Inc.
- School of Medicine, Queen's University
- Department of Family Medicine, University of Manitoba
- Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research (CIMVHR)
- Sountern Ontario Smart Computing Innovation Platform (SOSCIP)
- Canadian Primary Care Sentinel Services Network (CPCSSN)
- Compute Canada Resource Platforms and Portals (RPP)
- Compute Canada Centre for Advanced Computing (CAC)